Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Headphones ?

  1. #1
    PencilZ
    Guest PencilZ's Avatar

    Question

    Can anyone recommended a good quality set of phones for both monitoring and for use with an electronic kit?

    I know i should try them and its a subjective thing but... i'd be interested in what others opinions of them are.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member blake1's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2001
    Posts
    408
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Go to -
    www.gk-music.com

    I love Gordy's headphones not only for drumming but for checking phase problems with mics. I own a studio and can wear these headphones when I'm moving the mics while the drummer is playing! I own the ultra phones which have the most isolation. You may like the other two better for playing purposes. Steve Smith uses them.

    If you buy them, tell him a former student (Blake Lindberg) sent you. Gordy Knutson is a great player and really great teacher if you didn't know. He's the head
    He told a friend that Aerosmith just bought a bunch of his headphones.

    Good luck!

  3. #3
    PencilZ
    Guest PencilZ's Avatar

    Post

    Thanks Blake...the G-K's i've seen recommend before as have the sony/beyers/akg's/ and sennheisers.
    Guess i'll have to find somewhere in the uk that stocks a few of these brands.
    (The sonys seem to be highly rated though).

  4. #4
    Inactive Member numeroUnoHODfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 1st, 2002
    Posts
    406
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Try the Sony MDR-V600's. Nice pair o' 'phones. I think Sting was sporting them on his Ten Summoner's Tales - Video Album. I've used mine so much that I've worn out the cushions, but they're also 10 years old...

    http://www.sel.sony.com/SEL/consumer...mdr-v600.shtml

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ April 23, 2003 02:19 PM: Message edited by: numeroUnoHODfan ]</font>

  5. #5
    PencilZ
    Guest PencilZ's Avatar

    Post

    Thanks NUH...I noticed on the Jordan dvd that his studio or, the one he used for the shoot was using the Sony Mdr's.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member mas's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 25th, 2003
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi,
    check out these http://www.hearsave.de/englisch/frsetE02.htm

    I use them with my roland td8

  7. #7
    PencilZ
    Guest PencilZ's Avatar

    Post

    thanks mas.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Geoff_G's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 1st, 2002
    Posts
    144
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    if you need a cheap solution: get those small "earphones", like an ear-bud, but they have a thing in back to wrap around each ear. put them on, then put on traditional (30-33db reduction) shotgun ear protectors. it is an ok solution for hearing you drums & music at the same time.

    Geoff

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •